BPSC: The Bihar Public Service Commission was created by the Indian Constitution and came into existence in April 1949. The main aim of creating the BPSC is to recruit the candidates for the State of Bihar Civil Service on a merit basis.
Quick Facts of BPSC History
Under British India’s rule, the Constitution of India announced the vision of introducing competitive examinations in India in 1853. A Year later, in 1854, under Lord Macaulay’s chairmanship, the ideas were given shape. Finally, after a few decades, the Central and State Service commission was introduced in Indian under the Government of Indian Act 1935. After the state commission was introduced, The Bihar Public Service Commission came into presence from 1st April 1949 after its split from Orissa and Madhya Pradesh.
BPSC Quick Facts
- Bihar Public Service Commission has its HQ (headquarters) in Ranchi.
- Later, the HQ was shifted from Ranchi to Patna in March 1951.
- Shri Rajandhari Sinha led the First Chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission.
- Shri Radha Krishna Choudhary serves as the 1st secretary to the Bihar Public service commission.
Recruitment Process of BPSC
BPSC: The Bihar Public Service Commission recruits candidates on the merits of clearing the competitive examination. The BPSC exam has three stages.
- Preliminary Exam (In the form of Choose the correct answer model)
- Main Examination (Written)
Under the Departmental Promotion Committee, the existing civil servants can be granted a promotion framed by the state government.
Current Openings in BPSC
15 January 2022: BPSC Recruitment 2022 – Apply 286 Assistant Public Sanitary Posts.
15 January 2022 : BPSC Prelims Exam Date Out for District Art and Culture Officer
15 January 2022 : BPSC 2022 Application Process for Assistant Public Sanitary Out
BPSC Updated Syllabus for Competitive Examination
BPSC Previous year question paper Download here