Sikkim is a gleaming treasure located in the foothills of the North-East Himalayas. Sikkim is one of the best adventurous tourist destinations for trekkers, rafters, and rock climbers. Places to visit in Sikkim includes icebergs, mountainous plains, and thousands of varieties of wildflower species. You can engage yourself to have a rush of whitewater boating and appreciate the stunning image of rhododendron floor coverings while journeying to charming ‘Yumthang Valley’ (It sits at the height of 3,500m above ocean level).
Places to visit in Sikkim
- Gangtok – Biggest Town in the State of Sikkim, contains more attractive tourist places.
- Pelling – Hill Station Town Located in the East Sikkim at the foothills of Mt.Khangchendzonga.
- Ravangla – Emerging Tourist place in South Sikkim, contains Biggest Buddha Park at the height of 8000 feet.
- Lachung – A Tiny Town located in the North-east Sikkim along the Tibetan border, includes waterfalls, best scenic nature spots.
- Yuksom – A Small town located in the Northeast Sikkim, mostly noted for TREKKING.
- Tsongmo Lake – A Natural Lake located in East Sikkim at the height of 3753m.
- Yumthang – Heaven Place surrounded by Great Himalayas.
- Namchi– Situated in the South Sikkim, holds the world largest statue of Padmasambhava
- Lachen – Winter Tourist Destination situated in the North Sikkim at the height of 2,750 Metres. One of the must visit places in sikkim.
- Khangchendzonga National Park – UNESCO World hertitage site – A Must visit Place in Sikkim
- Zuluk – Emerging must visit places in East Sikkim at the height of 9,400 Feet.
- Rinchenpong – A Small town located in the West Sikkim, famous for Monastery and trekking places.
- Temi – Famous for its Tea Garden and Plantations Located in the South Sikkim
- Rumtek – Holy Place to learn about Buddhism Practices.
- Nathang Valley – Natureful Heavenly Place situated in the East Sikkim.
- Chungthang – At the Elevation of 1,790m North Sikkim District. (Natural Wonders)
- Uttarey – Popular Tourist Village attraction in West Sikkim.
- Pakyong – Situated in the East Sikkim (Mostly holds Government Offices)
- Tshoka – A Must Visit places in Sikkim to see the sunrise above the Mt. Pandim.
- Zemu Glacier – originates from the Eastern Himalayas, contains Largest Glaciers.
While Enjoying the delights of natural beauty, you can discover the path of the river Teesta through bend and turns of the massive stream during the boating experience’s wilderness. A noteworthy lake “Cholamu,” the most elevated lake on the planet, is a must-visit in your itinerary.
The third mainly striking top on the earth and treasure of the state, Kanchenjunga (the third highest mountain in the world), can be seen from wherever you step your feet outside in Sikkim. Portrayed by glacial frosts and cool summers, the state plays host to an enormous number of sightseers throughout the entire year. Sikkim is the perfect tourist place for eternal awakeness; you can enjoy the thrilling experience of paragliding and go for unique Yak Safari’ (Yak riding); there are many places for shopping for their handcrafts items, paintings, and mural items.
1. What are the famous tourist places in North Sikkim?
Chungthang, Lachen, Yuksom (North East), Lachung (North East), Yumthang, Thangu Valley.
2. What are the famous tourist places in east Sikkim?
Tsongmo Lake, Rumtek, Elephant Lake, Ranka Monastery, Khecheopalri Lake, Lungthung View Point, Nathang Valley, Pelling, Zuluk.