For more than a year, the Covid-19 pandemic has been destroying most people’s lives in the world, and it has already done the most damage. Now, its second wave has geared up in India, and each day lakh of new cases are testing positive. Each day, the number of cases has gone past the 4000 marks in Tamil Nadu, and in Chennai is nearing half that number.
The Tamil Nadu State Government has announced numerous restrictions, as the cases of COVID-19 across the country and in Tamil Nadu is rising.
New Covid-19 Restrictions announced by the Tamil Nadu Government:
- Religious and festival gatherings were banned from April 10.
- Shopping malls, vegetable shops, textile shops, jewelry stores can operate only with 50% capacity till 11 pm.
- Similarly, only 50% capacity is allowed in tea shops and restaurants and runs till 11 pm.
- Entertainment parks, Recreation clubs, zoos, large event venues, and museums are allowed to function with 50% capacity.
- Theatres in malls and stand-alone theatres are allowed to work with only 50 percent capacity from April 10, 2021, onwards.
- In political, cultural, and other events, not more than 200 people shall be allowed to participate.
- A maximum number of 100 people can be allowed at weddings, while only 50 persons are allowed for funerals.
- Both public and private transport should be operated with seating capacity and no standing passengers allowed.