Kuchipudi dance is named after the village of its birth kuchalavaram (or) kuchalapapuri kuchilavaram (or) kuchelapuri, in Andhra Pradesh .
- It is the classical dance of Andhra Pradesh.
- Kuchilavas were group of dancers going from village to village.
- It is traditional male preserve.
- It is enacted by Brahmins in temples.
- Under the impact of vaishnavisam, the theme began to be based on “Bhagavat purana”.
- In fourteen/fifteenth century, Sri yogi siddhentra was resealed the dance and compared the “Bhama kalapam” which has now become the part and parcel of Kuchipudi dance.
- He prevailed young brahmins boys to dedicate themselves to the traditional devotional dances that would lead them to salvation and they known as “Bhagavattulu”.
- Two important generation named in the Kuchipudi dance are “Vedanta” and “Vampati” are gurus as well as great dancers.
It is the classical dance of Andhra Pradesh in India
Vempati Chinna Satyam
Raja & Radha Reddy
Divya yeluri, lakshmi babu
Both are from different states in India , Kuchipudi belongs to Andhra Pradesh and Bharatanatyam is the classical dance of Tamilnadu.
Kuchupudi has more rounded poses and Bharatanatyam has more shapre oriented sculputred poses.
The Two Famous style in Bharatnatyam dances are Pandanallur and Thanjavur .
The Two Famous names in Kuchipudi are Vedanta” and “Vampati.