- Satyajit Ray, Received “Special Oscar” in 1922 for the “Life Time Achievement”.
- His film Pather Panchali received international attention, also received Cannes Award (1956) for Best Human Document.
- He compose his own music for all his films.
- All his films shows a lot of realism and unusual humanness.
- He received lot of notional and international Award for his films.
Pundalik and Raja Harish Chandra were noted films totally Marathi in sprit and charcter.
- New wave of Indian Cinema, commonly called India as Art cinema & Parallel cinema as an alternative to the mainstream commercial cinema.
- It is known for it’s serious content, realism and naturalism.
- Started by Satyajit Ray through his film Pather Panchali (1955) later most of the directors followed his footsteps. (e.g: Mrinal sen , Shyam Bengal..)
Leave a Reply