Chandni Chowk got its nostalgic name from the moon’s appearance in a vast water lake. Additionally, in Hindi, Chandni means Full Moon and Chowk means Open Market. The lake existed in the square before the present-day Town Hall. Progressively, the entire road and adjoining area got known as Chandni Chowk. It is the ultimate locality to buy-in. Markets are overcrowded, and the place functioning for more than three centuries and was once visited by dealers from Turkey, China, and even Holland. You may purchase trinkets and gifts from here.
Shops & its Facts
- Dariba Kalan is known for its pearl, gold, and silver adornments and attar (perfumes).
- Gulab Singh Johri Mal , built up in 1819, is notable producers and exporters of attar.
- Kinari Bazaar is the best spot to search for zari and zardozi embroidery decorations and glitter.
- The dress bazaar of Katra Neel offers a wide range of textures; for example, silks, silk crepe “is a Fabric is a woven material,” cotton and muslin is a cotton fabric.
- Bhagirath Palace is the leading business for electrical merchandise. It offers clinical equipment and allopathic or allopathy prescriptions.
- Khari Baoli is necessary for the flavor lovers— spices are associated with India towards the West.
- Moti Bazaar is famous for shawls and pearls and Tilak Bazaar for synthetic substances.
- Nai Sarak A renowned spot for shopping of books in Old Delhi is Nai Sarak. Linking the law street of Chandni Chowk with Chawri Bazaar, which is a market of brass, copper, and paper products, and Nai Sarak has special discounts and retail shops advertising school and school curriculum presentations. Just a left forsake the acclaimed Paranthewali Gali, a narrow street will take you to Nai Sarak, which means a new street. You will similarly find shops that sell simply writing material things. The market remains shut on Sundays.
- Chor Bazaar Situated close to the Red Fort, which is a historic fort in Delhi. Chor Bazaar is one of India’s largest flea markets. From electronic things to designer garments, you can discover everything here. Prices are attractively low.
- Old Delhi Shopping Chhatta Chowk The Chhatta Chowk Bazaar, also known as Meena Bazaar, which goes back to the seventeenth century, was intended for women in a veil. In this hidden lane leading up the Red Fort, the caravan merchants would spread out their products and move away. The women could then come and settle on their decision without being watched. Today, the market has 40-odd shops selling artificial and semi-valuable adornments, embroidered packs, hand-painted wall decorations, and ‘collectibles’.
- Daryaganj Book Market Extending for more than a kilometer, the Daryaganj Old Book Market is commonly referred to as the world’s biggest seven-day book market. It is composed each Sunday. The majority of the books accessible here are used. Other than the expendable value, the accessibility of a wide assortment, and no longer available, hard-to-track down books draws purchasers here. From fiction to clinical sciences, design to cooking, comics to map books, works of art to magazines, and the management to interests, name any classification and find it here.
Tips For Visiting Chandni Chowk
- Take a lot of water as the long stroll through the tangled roads can get you tired.
- Photography isn’t permitted at many shops in the market as the proprietors are concerned that the clients may duplicate their plans. So, take authorization before clicking an image.
- Give specific consideration to your things and wallet while wandering through Chandni Chowk.
- Be careful with duplicate items and false promotions.
- Remember to deal. You will get the best deal here on the decision of your item.
What is the Most approaching Metro Station to Chandni Chowk market Delhi ?
Chandni Chowk Metro Station is the nearest metro station to reach Chandni chowk market Delhi.
Is Chandni chowk market Delhi open on Sunday ?
Is the Chandni chowk market, Delhi open on Monday ?
Yes. It is open on Monday
Chandni Chowk market Delhi closing day ?
What is the opening time of the Chandni Chowk market, Delhi ?
Most shops will open at 10.00 A.M and closes at 8:00 P.M
What are the foods available near the Chandni chowk market, Delhi ?
Kela Paratha, Kake Naan, Dal Makhani, Chole Bhature, Dal Kachori, Pyaaz Kachori, Aloo Tikki, Papdi Chaat, Khurchan Mava, Cheese Omelette, Jalebi, Falooda, and more.
What is the best time to visit the Chandni Chowk market place during business days?
10:00 A.M tp 12:00 P.M . (It will be less crowded)
Is the Chandni chowk market is a safe place to visit ?
SAFE for Local Buyers & Moderately SAFE for Outsiders and Tourists. Chandni Chowk is a Market place contains 100’s of shops selling different products that start from stationery items to electronics, clothing, etc. 1000’s of buyers and people will visit this market daily. It is always crowded except Sunday’s. So Outsiders and tourists who are visiting this Chandni chowk market must be taken care of his/her belongings in the crowd.
What are the must-visit shops in Chandini chowk market Delhi?
1. Dariba Kalan
2. Gulab Singh Johri Mal
3. Kinari Bazaar
4. Bhagirath Palace
5. Khari Baoli
6. Moti Bazaar
7. Nai Sarak
8. Chor Bazaar
9. Old Delhi Shopping Chhatta Chowk
10. Daryaganj Book Market